Empowering Girls Through Golf (EGTG) – Internships
Internship Target Audience: BIPOC Girls/Young Women (ages 14-24) living in N/S Omaha
Internship Goal: Provide BIPOC girls/young women the opportunity to learn a technical trade that will:
- Place them on par with their white counterparts (in West Omaha) and young men.
- Be transferable to adulthood and create potential for extended opportunities in sports.
- Allow flexibility and avoid systemic traps of poverty and redlining.
- Potentially provide academic credit toward graduation (check with your school for approval).
Internship Program Description:
- 1-2 positions
- $15 hr.
- Flexible scheduling of 10-25 hrs./per week.
- Virtual and in-person
- BIPOC led.
- Soft-skills training
- All supplies provided.
- Opportunity to attend events and other training.
- Participant stipend – participants will receive a stipend for all hours of work performed.
Internship Eligibility Requirements:
- In high school, college (includes 2-year and 4-year), trade school, and/or enrolled in a GED program at the time of application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident. U.S. citizens may apply if they are enrolled at least half-time in high school. U.S. permanent legal residents must be enrolled in a high school in the U.S. to be eligible.
- Parent or Guardian Authorization
- If accepted into the program, you will be asked to complete a W-9 for payment. Here is a copy of the form that will need to be completed. W-9 Form
- If accepted into the program, you will also be asked to complete a short survey about your interests and your knowledge of crime in the Omaha community.
- Complete this application to begin your journey: Application